Are You Ready For Revival?
Revival begins in our heart and life. Here is an outline for you to prepare yourself for God to speak to you during our "Revival At The Park" (September 28 - Oct 1)
Invest An hour spent in prayer, praise and reflection
STEP ONE - PREPARE
Set a time, pick a place, prepare with a bible and something to record your time with God to go back and review what He has said. Do not let His words fall on rocky soil. [Mark 4:1-20]
- Can You PREPARE One Hour For Prayer?
- [Matthew 26:40-41] 40 Then He came to the disciples and found them sleeping. He asked Peter, “So, couldn't you stay awake with Me one hour? 41 Stay awake and pray, so that you won’t enter into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
- Answer These Questions:
- How does this passage illustrate the fact that Jesus invites us to “join” him in prayer?
- How do you feel knowing Jesus did not chastise the disciples for not praying but rather encouraged them to keep trying?
- Jesus knew the disciple's bodies could not keep up with their hearts. Does God know the position of your heart? What is that position?
- Revival begins with an HONEST assessment of where we are in our Walk with God
- [Psalm 130:3-4] Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my concerns. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me; lead me in the everlasting way.
- [Psalm 139:23-24] Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my concerns. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me; lead me in the everlasting way.
- Heart preparation:
- We have no guarantees of God hearing our prayers if there is willful sin in your life with no repentance!
- [Psalm 66:18] If I had been aware of malice in my heart, the Lord would not have listened.
- Sin separates us from fellowship with God and His blessing.
- Ask Yourself: Is my heart PURE before God? If the answer is no, be brave enough to take the next step!
- ADMIT & CONFESS Your Sin To God
- [1 John 1:9] If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Make REPARATIONS and RESTORATION
- [Matthew 7:21] “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord!’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of My Father in heaven.
- Take RESPONSIBILITY For Your Sins, Pray For Others To Do The Same
- [Ephesians 4:31-32] 31 All bitterness, anger and wrath, shouting and slander must be removed from you, along with all malice. 32 And be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving one another, just as God also forgave you in Christ.
- It does not matter what others have or have not done with their sin, God will deal with them.
Step 2 - PRAY
Once you believe you have right fellowship again with God, continue by following these instructions. Pace your self by spending five minutes on each point.
1. Praise [Psalm 7:17] Praise God for His righteousness and unchanging character. List some aspects of God that you are praise worthy.
2. Wait [Lamentations 3:25] Pray for patience and hope while you wait quietly on God to work.
3. Confess [1 John 1:9 / James 5:16] Do you see your sins as for what they are or write it off as as a result of "being human"? Do you blame others for your sin? Confess your sins to God and to those you have sinned against.
4. Study Your Bible [Psalm 119:9-16] God's word is most beneficial for us when we APPLY it to our life.
5. Intercession [1 Timothy 2:1; 2 Corinthians 13:7] Pray for others, even your enemies.
6. Petition [Ephesians 6:18] God will hear and respond to our prayers when we pray in His will. What is the one thing you want God to do in you during this revival? Are you willing to ask Him to do this?
7. Pray The Bible - [Psalm 119:105] Use familiar verses as you. pray. Recite them in the context of what you are asking of God. Ex. "Lord, your Word says . . ., I am asking that...."
8. Pray With Thanksgiving [1 Chronicles 16:8] Call on God's Name. Thank God for how He has answered your prayers recently!
9. Sing [1 Chronicles 16:9] Sing some of your favorite choruses, hymns or songs.
10. Meditate [Matthew 18:21-35] Follow the God's word in order to have His peace?
11. Listen - [Psalm 46:10] Be still and trust God with your life?
12. Praise [1 Chronicles 16:8-12] Seek the face of God as you prepare for revival? Focus on the miracles, judgments and work of Jesus Christ that He has done in your behalf. Praise Him for those things.
May God do miracles in your life through our “Revival At The Park”!